The vaporizer fraternity is filled with lots of different devices that provide a certain proportion of value. There are cheap devices that provide simple features such as conduction heating, average battery life, and a metallic body for durability.
Then comes the elite class of vaporizers that provide features that are unprecedented and unique on their own. These features might include a specific technology developed by the company or other advanced things.
The customers, however, find it extremely difficult to find vaporizers that provide a solid proportion of value at a nominal price. We have realized this problem and compiled a list of vaporizers that are neither too expensive nor cheap.
The vaporizers that we are about to discuss are all different from each other in various aspects. These vaporizers do better to preserve the taste and smell than the cheaper products. There are different features integrated to ensure a higher quality than just adding a ceramic chamber.
All these vaporizers will either cost under 150 or 200 dollars to keep them affordable. They are not as expensive as some high-end devices. Staying rational and investing in the value-adding vaporizer is the key to managing your finances and keeping yourself satisfied. Now that you know what to expect from our article, let us jump into the details.
- Best Dry Herb Vaporizers Under $200 & $150
- Things to consider while buying a good dry herb vaporizer for under 150 and 200 dollars?
Best Dry Herb Vaporizers Under $200 & $150
Davinci Miqro Vaporizer
DaVinci corporation is known for producing some of the most impressive vaping devices. The DaVinci Miqro is not an exception to this rule. It is actually a micro version of what you would call a sufficient vaporizer to provide satisfying hits.
DaVinci Miqro Vaporizer is a compact device that will fit perfectly inside your pocket. Covered in a shiny and classy aluminum outer, this device is great for casual usage during parties or gatherings. The heating chamber is made of ceramic so you would rarely feel the taste diminishing.
The heating time is 40 seconds which is not ideal, however, the temperature settings are very convenient. The device has a +/- 1 increments to provide better control over the heating process. Moreover, there are 4 smart paths available too.
These smart paths are actually preset temperature intensities that allow you to switch to a different temperature in a single click. A boost mode is also integrated to make sure that the herbs are heated at the max temperature for as long as you want. There is an automatic shutoff feature incorporated inside the device. There is no mobile support.
The most disappointing thing about the DaVinci Miqro is the short battery life. It can be used for 30 minutes on a single charge. The charging time is even more cumbersome as the battery takes 2 hours to charge completely.
One positive thing about the DaVinci Miqro battery is that it is a standard replaceable component. This means that you can carry a spare battery with you to extend your smoking sessions.
- The DaVinci Miqro is compact and stylish.
- The ceramic chamber preserves the taste.
- The temperature settings are versatile where you can opt between max control or preset smart paths.
- An automatic shutoff feature is integrated to keep it safe.
- The batteries are replaceable so you can carry a spare one.
- The vapor quality is exceptional.
- The heating time is slower than other substitutes.
- The battery life is unbearably short.
- The charging time is long.
- The vapors are not that dense.
Arizer V Tower Vaporizer
Arizer V Tower Vaporizer is a desktop vaporizer that costs lower than 150 dollars. In a market where Volcano Hybrid costs over 700 dollars, Arizer V Tower serves as the more affordable means of enjoying your vaping routine at home.
A simple device made of stainless steel, this desktop vaporizer is a durable companion when you need a long-term solution for your vaping needs. The glass components keep it as insulated and pure as possible.
The silicone tubing is resistant to thermal deformation. Other than this, the ceramic chamber ensures that the taste and smell do not get impaired when the herbs are heated.
The heating time is slow as you have to wait for 1 to 2 minutes before inhaling the first batch of evenly-cooked vapors. The temperature range is impressive as it lies between 50 and 250 degrees Celsius. You can use this vaporizer for aromatherapy and other mild smoking routines as you would like.
The temperature controls are digital so you can handle this device conveniently. The buttons are simple to understand and press while an auto-shutoff feature is also integrated to keep you safe. There is a 2-year warranty contract offered by the company to cover all sorts of quality-related issues.
- The stainless-steel body is durable.
- Glass components and a ceramic chamber keep the vapor quality high.
- The temperature range is wide.
- The silicon whip can rotate at every angle.
- Controlling is convenient.
- The shape is very stable and simple.
- The airflow is uninterrupted.
- There is auto-shutoff to ensure safety.
- The heating time is slow.
- Being a desktop vaporizer impairs the portability as there is no battery and the size is big.
- There is no balloon attachment available to accumulate the vapors.
Healthy Rips Fury 2 Vaporizer
Healthy Rips Fury 2 Vaporizer is the smallest dry herb vaping device that you would find well below the 150 mark. This alloy-bodied vaporizer is great for micro-dosing, however, the vapors are as dense as a normal smoking session. It is one of those rare smoking devices that has convection heating at this affordable price range.
The heating process is exemplary as the vapors take around 25 seconds to heat. The isolated glass vapor path is a key feature in preserving the taste and smell. The chamber is made of stainless steel but the convection heating ensures that the metallic smell does not ruin the taste.
The temperature range starts from 137 degrees celsius and ends at 221 degrees celsius. This range is longer than other substitutes but does not complement mild smoking. It allows you to plan your sessions better by allowing you to adjust the session duration between 3 and 6 minutes.
The charging time has been reduced a lot when considering the older models. You can now smoke continuously for 45 to 50 minutes while the charging time is just 60 to 75 minutes.
The company has a lot of trust in the durability of the Healthy Rips Fury 2 Vaporizer because it is backed by a 1-year warranty program and a lifetime contract that allows you to replace ½ the price of the product.
- The size is small and compact.
- Kirksite alloy is durable and rust-free.
- The charging time has improved a lot with the introduction of fast charging.
- The battery life is not bad since it works for 45 to 50 minutes on average.
- The 3 to 6 minutes session planning is a great addition to the device.
- The heating time is prompt so you get fairly on-demand vapors.
- The OLED screen makes handling simple and fun.
- The isolated vapor path adds more value to the accuracy.
- The temperature range is not that wide to complement mild smoking sessions.
- The chamber could have been ceramic.
- The mouthpiece and design look cheap.
- The battery is non-removable.
Pax 3 Vaporizer (with basic kit)
Pax 3 Vaporizer, is a portable vaporizer, that has impressively compact dimensions. It fits easily inside the pocket and you can pull it out wherever you want to smoke. The fast heating time of 15 seconds makes it an ideal on-demand vaporizer. You can carry it to any gathering or party since the exterior looks sleek and classy.
The temperature settings are simple to use as there are four different presets available to make adjustments straightforward. Controlling the Pax 3 Vaporizer is easy as the LED indicator depicts battery life and temperature prevailing.
However, you need to get along with the indicators because they are a bit technical to understand initially. Furthermore, haptic feedback lets you know when the device turns on or if the vapors are prepared.
The battery life of Pax 3 Vaporizer is better than most of the other vaporizers below 200 dollars. It works for around 1.5 hours on a single charge. The charging time is short as it takes 1.5 hours to charge completely.
Pax 3 is amongst those rare classes of vaporizers that have great battery specs despite having Bluetooth controllability. Lastly, it comes with a 10-year warranty contract so an underperforming Pax 3 will never dent your finances. You can purchase a full kit to smoke concentrates and do all sorts of different things with your Pax 3 vaporizer.
- The size is compact and it looks classy when held in hand.
- The anodized aluminum shell is rust-free.
- The heating time is short.
- The user can control it through a mobile app.
- Temperature controls are simple to master.
- The battery life is market-competitive and sufficient.
- A 10-year warranty is enough to cover all defects.
- There is no digital LED screen so you have to master the colors and petal pattern.
- Precise temperature settings require the mobile app.
- The temperature range is short and there is no low intensity available for mild smoking.
- There is no pass-through charging available and the battery is non-removable.
Boundless CFX Vaporizer
The Boundless CFX Vaporizer is the only device on our list that has a hybrid heating system. The conduction heating reduces the heating time to just 20 seconds. The isolated vapor path enhances the accuracy with which the vapors are heated.
Moreover, the ceramic chamber ensures that the dry herbs do not combust while the conduction heating does its job. There is minimal resistance in the airflow as convection heating keeps the hot vapors flowing through the system.
The temperature range is very impressive as the device is capable of heating the dry herbs at an intensity as low as 37 degrees Celsius and as high as 221 degrees celsius.
This temperature range is not only suitable for mild smoking but also provides great control over the temperature adjustments. Controlling the device is simple as it has haptic feedback and the OLED screen works well to communicate what is happening inside the device.
The material is medically graded to keep it healthy. The grooves designed on the body are helpful to get a solid grip on the device. The battery also has great health. You can enjoy 10 to 15 sessions in one complete charging cycle.
The device charges in less than 30 minutes to never keep you waiting. There is a 3-year warranty contract offered to cover all manufacturing defects while a 90 days replacement warranty is available on the battery.
- The design is simple and grippy.
- The temperature control is impressive.
- The temperature range is wider than many other vaporizers.
- Ceramic chamber and isolated vapor path are quality preserving.
- Controllability is easy due to haptic feedback and an OLED screen.
- The battery life is above average.
- The charging time is short to always keep the device ready.
- The warranty on the battery is an added assurance.
- It is not as compact as other vaporizers.
- The body is not that stylish as the texture is dull.
- The clouds are not that dense.
- The absence of pass-through charging still keeps you waiting for 30 minutes.
Arizer Solo 2 Vaporizer
The Arizer Solo 2 Vaporizer is another hybrid vaporizer that operates on quick conduction and consistent convection heating. It heats the dry herbs in just 30 seconds while the temperature, once reached, is maintained throughout the session. The temperature range lies between 50 and 220 degrees celsius.
This range is ideal for both mild as well as strong smoking sessions. Moreover, the temperature settings are entirely adjustable with simple controls and a prominent LED screen that shows the temperature prevailing and the battery remaining.
The body looks classy as it is made of stainless steel. It is durable outside but the interior is not bad either. The ceramic chamber is a quality-preserving component. However, many users have reservations over the glass mouthpiece but it is not that fragile. It is made of borosilicate which is a durable glass type. The vapor path is also made of the same material.
It has one of the best batteries in the portable vaporizer market. You can use the Arizer Solo 2 for a continuous duration of 3 hours. It takes exactly the same time to charge again, however, you can use it while it is charging.
The Arizer Solo 2 Vaporizer comes with a 2-year warranty to keep you financially safe while making the purchase. A warranty of 1 year is available separately on the battery.
- It has a hybrid heating system.
- 30 seconds of heating time is considered on-demand.
- The airflow is uninterrupted.
- The temperature range is wider than other similar products.
- Controllability is simple and the temperature is completely adjustable.
- The battery life is long and near to perfect.
- Pass-through charging is convenient.
- The glass components are vulnerable to breakage.
- There is no screen or filter fitted to prevent the small particles of herb from flying in the mouth.
- The batteries are non-removable so you cannot carry a spare battery.
- The charging time is extremely long.
Extreme Q Vaporizer
The Extreme Q Vaporizer is an all-in-one vaping device that houses all possible features inside a basic design. A novice smoker would think that the Extreme Q is an ordinary device with a simple hat-like shape.
The body is durable where the stainless steel is integrated, however, glass components are comparatively fragile. The silicone tubing is resistant to thermal deformation. It is one of those great desktop vaporizers that offer great vapor taste as well.
Arizer Extreme Q has a ceramic chamber to prevent the vapor quality from taste impairment. The heating time is 1 to 2 minutes which is longer than most portable vaporizers.
The heating process might make you wait but it is worth it. The vapors are evenly heated at each temperature intensity between 50 and 250 degrees celsius. This allows you to smoke at mild as well as strong temperature intensities.
It comes with both whip and balloon attachments. It also has the same simple controls as the Arizer V Tower Vaporizer, however, it has a slight edge over the other.
It has a remote controllability feature that allows you to control the device from different locations. The ultra-quiet fans work in silence to make sure that the airflow is not interrupted.
- The body is durable and classy.
- The controls are simple to master with an LED and standard buttons.
- Remote controllability is also available.
- There is a balloon attachment feature available.
- The glass components keep it pure.
- The temperature range is wide.
- The heating time is long.
- Glass components are vulnerable to breakage.
- There is no valve in the balloon.
Things to consider while buying a good dry herb vaporizer for under 150 and 200 dollars?
Durability and warranty
We all know that purchasing a dry herb vaporizer is not a lifetime investment. The outer and interior will wear off over time. However, the device should not be fragile. A durable dry herb vaporizer will have a metallic outer that will sustain physical pressure.
The metallic layer should be rust-free and stainless to keep the device safe in humid conditions. It is our advice to avoid purchasing devices with excessive glass components because they are vulnerable to breakage.
The vaporizer companies normally offer solid warranty programs to ensure that all manufacturing and quality-related problems are dealt with. Usually, vaporizers are prone to overheating or electric malfunctions. In these cases, a warranty is the only way out.
Precision and vapor quality
Vapor quality is an important feature to look for in a vaporizer. What would be the whole purpose of buying a dry herb vaporizer when the device keeps producing pungent vapors?
A vaporizer with aromatic vapor production will have a minimal metallic intervention to avoid the risk of unwanted smell. The heating method should ideally be convection to be extra conscious of the quality.
Apart from this, the vapor path should be isolated to prevent the vapor temperature from increasing on its way to the mouthpiece. Isolated vapor paths along with sharp temperature increments are the way to keep it precise and accurate. A digital display works wonder in this respect.
Temperature settings vary from device to device. There are many vaporizers in the market that have a few preset temperature intensities. While these presets are easy to navigate, experienced smokers will feel a restriction on controllability.
Furthermore, there are +/- 1 increments available as well. These small increments allow you to experiment. It is tailor-made for experienced users, however, novice smokers might have combustion problems with it.
Other than this, you can choose a vaporizer that has a boost mode to add more control over the process. Modern vaporizers have much more to offer than just a simple increase or decrease in the temperature.
Battery life, as we all know, is a usage-defining feature in portable devices. If you are planning to vape outside or during a trip then you should pay added attention to the battery life. Normally a vaporizer battery will have a battery duration of 60 minutes.
Some power-oriented companies often bring better features such as longer battery life, fast charging, or pass-through charging. Another option that you can try is to purchase a vaporizer that has a replaceable battery.
All the vaporizers that we have mentioned in our article, hold a significant place in the supply chain. These products are different from one another in many respects but there is one thing that you would find common. That common factor is the price range. Every product listed in this article is a budget-friendly device so you would find them affordable.
If you ask us regarding which vaporizer to choose amongst these options then we would recommend that you should identify your usage pattern first. We have mentioned the desktop devices such as Arizer V Tower and Extreme Q which are identical.
There is one fine difference I.e., remote controllability. The portable vaporizers listed are different in many aspects. You should compare the pros and cons to identify the product that complements your usage.