Firefly 2+ and Pax 3 are the two most discussed vaporizers these days! The users like Pax 3 & Firefly 2+ because of their ability to heat up quickly and the one-button control.
Moreover, the wide variety of temperature selections, tastes, and effects gives a better experience to the users. Pax 3 and Firefly 2+ have different features but are liked for their affordability and are upgrades of previous versions.
Pax 3 and Firefly 2+ are handheld vaping devices that might not look as effective as bulky vaporizers. But these vaporizers provide you with an experience that is worth remembering.
Today I’ll be making a detailed comparison between Firefly 2+ vs. Pax 3. Let’s see which one wins the race.
- PAX 3 vs Firefly 2+ [Plus]: Comparison
- PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+ Detailed Comparison
- Overall look: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+
- Battery life: Firefly 2 Plus vs. PAX 3
- Portability: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+ Vaporizer
- Temperature range: Firefly 2 vs. PAX 3
- Heating method: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2
- Heat-up time: Firefly 2+ vs. PAX 3
- Nature of fillings: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+
- Auto shut-off: Firefly 2 vs. PAX 3 vaporizer
- Easy to use: Firefly 2 plus vs. PAX 3 vaporizer
- Warranty: PAX vs. Firefly
- Firefly 2+ vs. PAX 3: What’s Our Pick?
PAX 3 vs Firefly 2+ [Plus]: Comparison
|Ease of use
|Using with dry herb is better
|Using with dry herb is difficult
|Has a separate part for concentrate
|Has a separate part for concentrate
|9.9 x 2.3 x 3.0 cm
|13.0 x 2.5 x 4.1 cm
|Greater control over a small range of temperatures (182 – 216°C)
|Large range of temperatures (93 – 260°C)
|Works best in default temperature settings
|Better taste due to minimum temperature
PAX 3 Vapor
Pax 3 is the best portable vaporizer for dry herbs and extracts. This is because of its sleek and attractive design and its easy-to-use features. Pax 3 offers an excellent vaping experience.
- The conduction oven can quickly heat the herbs and therapeutic compounds, so there is little waste.
- There is also a feature for on-demand vaping, which takes a 22-second heat-up time.
- The dry herb chamber is large, which helps prevent spillage and waste.
- Moreover, the temperature settings available can help the user attain an ideal combination of flavor and vapor.
- The other attractive features include a protruded mouthpiece and a flat mouthpiece which can be used per the user’s comfort and preference.
- There is also a standard oven lid, USB charger, and maintenance kit. This product is available in different colors and is priced at $ 250 only.
- Pax labs offer a 10-year warranty with Pax 3 Vapor.
- The battery life of Pax 3 is for 120 minutes.
- Read Complete Pax 3 Review
Also Read: Pax Discount Code
What we liked
PAX 3 is indeed the most preferred portable vaporizer for users. The added benefits of having 3 screens, a multi-tool keychain, and 3 screens make it the favorite amongst users.
Also, users can attain increased precision by choosing among 5 dynamic modes, which can be monitored through the app available on Google Play.
What We didn’t like
It can take longer to heat up and make your hand feel warmer.
Firefly 2+ Vaporizer
Firefly 2 plus is especially for those who are fond of plants.
- With its outstanding dynamic convection technology, the product ensures the best taste delivery and no waste. It means Firefly 2+ can heat dynamically across various temperatures with each inhalation.
- The best part about convection vaping is that it cools the material immediately after vaporization stops. In conduction heating, it takes a longer time to cool down.
- It gets the vapors ready in almost 3 seconds which is far quicker than Pax 3. Also, the cooling time for Firefly 2+ takes 10 seconds, after which it becomes completely cold.
- This product also allows for temperature control for each session.
- It works best for flowers and extracts, and the vapors taste outstanding with Firefly 2+.
- Loading and cleaning are pretty easy to do.
- It has a battery, charging dock, USB 3.0 cable, extract pad, and alcohol wipes.
- The battery life of Firefly 2+ is 90 minutes.
- Read the complete Firefly 2 Plus Review.
What we liked
It has excellent features in vaping because of its convection heating technology which minimizes waste and cools down immediately after the session. The power tuning feature allows the user an extra boost for more flavor and a stronger experience.
What We didn’t like
One of the most significant disadvantages of firefly 2 is that the temperature cannot be altered without application.
PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+ Detailed Comparison
Overall look: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+
Whether you buy Pax 3 or Firefly 2+, you will receive a very compact vaporizer with a shiny body to attract everyone at the parties.
Both devices are stylish and sleek for those youngsters who have sessions with their friends. The magnetic outer coating made of metallic material is durable enough to absorb shocks and resist breakage.
Battery life: Firefly 2 Plus vs. PAX 3
Pax 3 enables you to smoke for 8 to 10 sessions on average. This is sufficient enough to entertain you when you are traveling or streaming.
Moreover, the battery is non-replaceable, so you must take good care of it. Regarding the charging time, it will take approximately 90 minutes to charge fully.
On the other hand, Firefly 2+ is not as long-lasting as Pax 3 because its capacity is 5-6 sessions. The battery is replaceable with a quicker charging duration of 45 minutes. It takes almost half the time to charge compared to Pax 3.
Portability: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+ Vaporizer
Both vaping devices are entirely portable because of their lightweight and compact size. You can take them anywhere to enjoy a smoking session to relax your mind. The battery is also something that will impress you.
The charging time is meager compared to the other competitors, so you can carry them in a bag pack to smoke some herbs outdoors with your friends.
Temperature range: Firefly 2 vs. PAX 3
The Firefly 2+ is a real force when discussing the temperature range. There are 60 manual options available from 400 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
On the other hand, there is complete control of the offer while using the Pax 3 vaporizer. You can choose any temperature level starting from 360 to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
The latter is suitable for a mild smoking session, and Firefly’s blazing hot temperature is ideal for well-cooked herbs and concentrates.
Heating method: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2
Pax 3 produces a discrete stream of aromatic vapors with a slight variation in quality and temperature. The heating method is conduction, where the herbs are heated using a direct source.
Firefly 2+, on the contrary, has an advanced way to heat the stuff. You will feel little or no variation in quality or temperature.
The convection mode assures the vapor continuity of heating, where the temperature of the vapor is maintained by the hot air being blown through the fillings.
Heat-up time: Firefly 2+ vs. PAX 3
The vaporizers take time to prepare the mix to produce vapors at the required time. There are certain products with a quick heat-up time, while others force you to wait for a longer time.
The Pax 3 vaporizer takes an impressively shorter time to heat up (22 seconds), but Firefly 2+ generates the vapors in 3 seconds. This makes Firefly 2+ a choice to consider before investing your money.
Nature of fillings: PAX 3 vs. Firefly 2+
The vaporizers in our article are compatible with a broader range of fillings for different smoking sessions. You can fill the oven with herbs or concentrates as per your choice. The concentrate might include wax or oil.
Auto shut-off: Firefly 2 vs. PAX 3 vaporizer
Both models have an auto shut-off feature to ensure security and save batteries’ unnecessary consumption. The Pax 3 vaporizer takes about 3 minutes before going into sleep mode, while Firefly 2+ takes about 30 minutes to do the same.
Easy to use: Firefly 2 plus vs. PAX 3 vaporizer
Each of the vaporizers under consideration contains mobile app support. This feature allows you to control the device from a distant place.
The user interface in the mobile app is simple, and once you initiate a command, the device vibrates. One of the best things about these vaporizers is mouth recognition technology.
This feature eliminates manual buttons as the vaporizer knows your mouth approach. For the first time, rest your arms, and enjoy your sessions in an inhalation.
Warranty: PAX vs. Firefly
Both Pax 3 and Firefly 2+ are trustworthy products from well-established companies. The Pax 3 manufacturers provide a 10-year warranty to keep you safe during the purchase.
This period is sufficient to find any significant fault or decline in performance. The Firefly 2+ comes with a relatively more minor period of warranty that stretches over two years.
Though smaller than the former’s warranty duration, there is enough time to test the product and find flaws.
Firefly 2+ vs. PAX 3: What’s Our Pick?
Based on the features listed above, our pick will be PAX 3 because of its outstanding features and added advantages, making it the best.
Pax 3 and Firefly 2+ are among the best vaporizers in the vaping market. We highly recommend trying both products on your own to see the difference.
Due to its diversified features and added benefits, Pax 3 can be considered the best portable dry herb vaporizer and the favorite among users.
It can be used with dry herbs and concentrates, and its dry herb chamber is far better than Firefly 2 Plus. There is a separate concentrate insert in Pax 3.
Another essential feature of Pax 3 is that it comes with two mouthpiece options, while Firefly 2+ only comes with a flat mouthpiece.
Although the vapor quality of Firefly 2+ is better than that of Pax 3 at the default temperature settings, the taste cannot be differentiated; thus, one cannot quickly tell between the tastes.
The temperature of Firefly 2+ cannot be altered without the app. Pax 3 has a wide range of temperatures that the app can easily control.
It is best for newbies getting used to the settings and even those looking for a quick session. It gives a more robust experience and enjoyable sessions.
Moreover, Pax 3 is user-friendly and can efficiently operate with just one push button. Also, Bluetooth connectivity enables users to link it quickly to the phone and enjoy additional features.
There is also a larger oven for extended sessions, giving it a clear advantage over Firefly 2+. Thus, all these features make Pax 3 a clear winner.
It is extremely enjoyable teamwork that makes RevivalVape a great place to work. It is a passion that we share as individuals who are dedicated to the industry. A small part of something bigger is all that matters to us. Our mission is to provide a safe and welcoming place for the vaping community.